Of Mice and Old White Guys 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Of Mice and Old White Guys 2013

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 am

2013 2013 2013 As Republicans struggle to re-brand the Grand Old Party, perhaps we should trade in our old clichés:<br /><br /><div style="text-align: center;"><b><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: large;"><i>Old Wine in New Bottles</i></span></b></div><br />… and have some fun with mixed metaphors:<br /><br /><div style="text-align: center;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: large;"><b><i>Old Pigs, New Lipstick</i></b></span></div><br />New labels and new faces will not mask the fact that rotgut will always rot your gut; and a pig is a pig no matter how much rouge you put on a rogue. &nbsp;<b>Swill’s</b> the word that binds our mixed metaphors together.<br /><br />In an attempt to rebrand their flagging flag-bearers, the Republican National Committee has announced a new initiative to showcase diversity within their ranks. &nbsp;Not just old white guys anymore, meet the&nbsp;<a href="http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/20/the-party-of-old-white-guys-changes-its-look/">Rising Stars</a> of the New GOP: &nbsp;Marilinda Garcia, T. W. Shannon, Scott Erickson, and Karin Agness.<br /><br />Marilinda Who? Scott What? How will these rising stars outshine the stellar performances of Governor Gaffe, Senator McFluff, Congressman Corn Dog, former Speaker Nitwit, and tea nominee More Schlock? &nbsp;Let’s play Trivial Pursuit. &nbsp;Match these blunders to the blunderbusses who spoke them:<br /><blockquote class="tr_bq">[Immigrant children have] “<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><i>calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling seventy-five pounds of marijuana across the desert</i>.</span>”&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq">"<i>You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.</i>"&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq">“<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><i>Texas is a unique place. When we came in the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that</i>”</span>&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq">"<i>Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that is something that God intended to happen.</i>"&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><i> I was going to suggest to you that you serve your eggs with hollandaise sauce in hubcaps. Because there's no plates like chrome for the hollandaise</i>.”</span></blockquote>Will the Rising Stars walk a new walk and talk a new talk? &nbsp;Hardly! &nbsp;Not according to Karin Agness, who argues that the GOP would benefit by tackling the problem of liberal bias in universities. &nbsp;Oh nos! &nbsp;Not that old shibboleth again! &nbsp;See my point: &nbsp;“Old wine in new bottles” doesn’t mean the GOP has changed when the faces are new but the message remains the same.<br /><br />Speaking of mixed metaphors, lipstick on a pig will not resurrect a dead horse. <br> 2013 2013 2013 <br>As Republicans struggle to re-brand the Grand Old Party, perhaps we should trade in our old clichés:<br /><br /><div style="text-align: center;"><b><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: large;"><i>Old Wine in New Bottles</i></span></b></div><br />… and have some fun with mixed metaphors:<br /><br /><div style="text-align: center;"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: large;"><b><i>Old Pigs, New Lipstick</i></b></span></div><br />New labels and new faces will not mask the fact that rotgut will always rot your gut; and a pig is a pig no matter how much rouge you put on a rogue. &nbsp;<b>Swill’s</b> the word that binds our mixed metaphors together.<br /><br />In an attempt to rebrand their flagging flag-bearers, the Republican National Committee has announced a new initiative to showcase diversity within their ranks. &nbsp;Not just old white guys anymore, meet the&nbsp;<a href="http://swampland.time.com/2013/08/20/the-party-of-old-white-guys-changes-its-look/">Rising Stars</a> of the New GOP: &nbsp;Marilinda Garcia, T. W. Shannon, Scott Erickson, and Karin Agness.<br /><br />Marilinda Who? Scott What? How will these rising stars outshine the stellar performances of Governor Gaffe, Senator McFluff, Congressman Corn Dog, former Speaker Nitwit, and tea nominee More Schlock? &nbsp;Let’s play Trivial Pursuit. &nbsp;Match these blunders to the blunderbusses who spoke them:<br /><blockquote class="tr_bq">[Immigrant children have] “<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><i>calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling seventy-five pounds of marijuana across the desert</i>.</span>”&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq">"<i>You know that old Beach Boys song, Bomb Iran? Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran.</i>"&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq">“<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><i>Texas is a unique place. When we came in the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that</i>”</span>&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq">"<i>Even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that is something that God intended to happen.</i>"&nbsp;</blockquote><blockquote class="tr_bq"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;"><i> I was going to suggest to you that you serve your eggs with hollandaise sauce in hubcaps. Because there's no plates like chrome for the hollandaise</i>.”</span></blockquote>Will the Rising Stars walk a new walk and talk a new talk? &nbsp;Hardly! &nbsp;Not according to Karin Agness, who argues that the GOP would benefit by tackling the problem of liberal bias in universities. &nbsp;Oh nos! &nbsp;Not that old shibboleth again! &nbsp;See my point: &nbsp;“Old wine in new bottles” doesn’t mean the GOP has changed when the faces are new but the message remains the same.<br /><br />Speaking of mixed metaphors, lipstick on a pig will not resurrect a dead horse. <br>2013 2013 2013 <br> <a href="http://www.matrixar.com/" title="Matrix ">المصفوفة : أجمل الخلفيات والصور</a>

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://prowebsites1.forumaroc.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top