Obligatory 9/11 Post 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obligatory 9/11 Post 2013

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:33 am

2013 2013 2013 <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">I am still angry. Not so much angry about the attack on 9/11 anymore. We pretty much squared that up by killing Osama Bin Laden, numerous Al Qaeda leaders and more foot soldiers than we could shake a stick at. We also invaded Afghanistan the divided chaotic country that harbored this network. Along the way we&nbsp; <strike>got drunk then stomped some annoying but unrelated individual in a bar</strike> liberated Iraq.<br /><br />Where does the world stand now? Some bad people are dead but in reality new bad people came up in the ranks to largely replace them. Iraq is a moderately functional psuedo democracy that could in time grow into a fairly functional one albeit by local standards; or degenerate into a Shia dictatorship maybe with a civil war. Afghanistan is still playing out but I suspect this history's rhyme will replay itself. Lots of Americans and people from various other countries have died. Billions or trillions of dollars were borrowed and spent. However I'm not angry about any of that.<br /><br />I am angry because we did not learn the fundamental lesson of 9/11 which is that ignoring legitimate threats until they successfully attack us is foolish. Far better to do something to disrupt enemy networks before they hurt you than after. We have not learned this lesson. I fear the same sort of lawless terrorist chaos is happening in Yemen and a large part of northern Africa plus of course the whole Pastunistan problem has yet to be solved (if it can be). Even worse we may be aiding slightly better spoken front men to control nation states. The saying 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' comes to mind here.<br /><br />How are you feeling today?</div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br> 2013 2013 2013 <br><div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">I am still angry. Not so much angry about the attack on 9/11 anymore. We pretty much squared that up by killing Osama Bin Laden, numerous Al Qaeda leaders and more foot soldiers than we could shake a stick at. We also invaded Afghanistan the divided chaotic country that harbored this network. Along the way we&nbsp; <strike>got drunk then stomped some annoying but unrelated individual in a bar</strike> liberated Iraq.<br /><br />Where does the world stand now? Some bad people are dead but in reality new bad people came up in the ranks to largely replace them. Iraq is a moderately functional psuedo democracy that could in time grow into a fairly functional one albeit by local standards; or degenerate into a Shia dictatorship maybe with a civil war. Afghanistan is still playing out but I suspect this history's rhyme will replay itself. Lots of Americans and people from various other countries have died. Billions or trillions of dollars were borrowed and spent. However I'm not angry about any of that.<br /><br />I am angry because we did not learn the fundamental lesson of 9/11 which is that ignoring legitimate threats until they successfully attack us is foolish. Far better to do something to disrupt enemy networks before they hurt you than after. We have not learned this lesson. I fear the same sort of lawless terrorist chaos is happening in Yemen and a large part of northern Africa plus of course the whole Pastunistan problem has yet to be solved (if it can be). Even worse we may be aiding slightly better spoken front men to control nation states. The saying 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' comes to mind here.<br /><br />How are you feeling today?</div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br>2013 2013 2013 <br> <a href="http://www.matrixar.com/" title="Matrix ">المصفوفة : أجمل الخلفيات والصور</a>

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://prowebsites1.forumaroc.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top