American Mercenary on Syria 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down

American Mercenary on Syria 2013

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 am

2013 2013 2013 <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on"><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;"><a href="http://randomthoughtsandguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/syria-creating-crisis-for-no-apparent.html"><i>Syria, creating a crisis for no apparent reason</i> </a>is a pretty solid look at the problem. Dictators vs Terrorists rings more true than most will admit. I fear the moderate Syrian freedom fighter is that areas equivalent of a nice girl working her way through school as a stripper; a cute idea but real examples are few and far between.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Fundamentally I am not sure what the desired endstate in Syria is, at least in terms specific enough to be meaningful. Maybe the message hasn't been passed down to us common folks yet. In any case this concerns me as it is the starting point for figuring out what to do in pretty much everything.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Let's look at a real world example. We are out of orange juice which is a problem for Walker. I want to fix this problem to achieve the endstate of having orange juice for him to drink. My choices would be to go buy some orange juice or find a citrus grove then get to squeezing. </span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">This will let me discard the auto repair shop a mine away, a gun shop in town, a sporting goods store, butcher shop or the city dump. It also shows just sitting at home on the net will not do.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">So after discarding the options which do not work I go back to the two viable options. Given that citrus groves are not readily available in my immediate area that leaves buying OJ as the obvious choice. I then look at the stores which sell OJ to decide what one fits our needs best based on location, price and other items we may also need to purchase.&nbsp;</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">A clear vision of the desired end state is known as commanders intent in the Army. From this intent we can develop options for reaching said intent. Those options are weighted against each other to find the most desirable way to meet the intent.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">AM's newest on the topic <i><a href="http://randomthoughtsandguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-law-of-unintended-consequences.html">The law of unintended consequences</a></i>, involving Syria goes into some potential actions plus the most likely/ most dangerous responses to them. It is always worth remembering that whatever one parties intent might be the other side(s) have a vote also. They may look at the problem differently (culture matters a lot here) or act illogically in ways that may not be in their ultimate best interest. The point in my mind is that a fight can get wildly out of control in a hurry in an action, reaction, counter action cycle. It doesn't matter if we are talking two people in a bar or modern nation states. </span><span style="font-weight: normal;">What is meant to start as a proverbial slap across the face can end up with somebody dead.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"></h3></div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br> 2013 2013 2013 <br><div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on"><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;"><a href="http://randomthoughtsandguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/syria-creating-crisis-for-no-apparent.html"><i>Syria, creating a crisis for no apparent reason</i> </a>is a pretty solid look at the problem. Dictators vs Terrorists rings more true than most will admit. I fear the moderate Syrian freedom fighter is that areas equivalent of a nice girl working her way through school as a stripper; a cute idea but real examples are few and far between.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Fundamentally I am not sure what the desired endstate in Syria is, at least in terms specific enough to be meaningful. Maybe the message hasn't been passed down to us common folks yet. In any case this concerns me as it is the starting point for figuring out what to do in pretty much everything.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Let's look at a real world example. We are out of orange juice which is a problem for Walker. I want to fix this problem to achieve the endstate of having orange juice for him to drink. My choices would be to go buy some orange juice or find a citrus grove then get to squeezing. </span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">This will let me discard the auto repair shop a mine away, a gun shop in town, a sporting goods store, butcher shop or the city dump. It also shows just sitting at home on the net will not do.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">So after discarding the options which do not work I go back to the two viable options. Given that citrus groves are not readily available in my immediate area that leaves buying OJ as the obvious choice. I then look at the stores which sell OJ to decide what one fits our needs best based on location, price and other items we may also need to purchase.&nbsp;</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">A clear vision of the desired end state is known as commanders intent in the Army. From this intent we can develop options for reaching said intent. Those options are weighted against each other to find the most desirable way to meet the intent.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"><span style="font-weight: normal;">AM's newest on the topic <i><a href="http://randomthoughtsandguns.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-law-of-unintended-consequences.html">The law of unintended consequences</a></i>, involving Syria goes into some potential actions plus the most likely/ most dangerous responses to them. It is always worth remembering that whatever one parties intent might be the other side(s) have a vote also. They may look at the problem differently (culture matters a lot here) or act illogically in ways that may not be in their ultimate best interest. The point in my mind is that a fight can get wildly out of control in a hurry in an action, reaction, counter action cycle. It doesn't matter if we are talking two people in a bar or modern nation states. </span><span style="font-weight: normal;">What is meant to start as a proverbial slap across the face can end up with somebody dead.</span></h3><h3 class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"></h3></div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br>2013 2013 2013 <br> <a href="http://www.matrixar.com/" title="Matrix ">المصفوفة : أجمل الخلفيات والصور</a>

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://prowebsites1.forumaroc.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top