Tueller Drill

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tueller Drill

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 am

2013 2013 2013 <div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">John Mosby's post <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><b><a href="http://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/underground-tradecraft-tactical-application-of-the-defensive-sidearm-part-three/">Underground Tradecraft: Tactical Application of the Defensive Sidearm, Part III </a></b></span><br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><b><br /></b></span>is pretty much required reading to understand this post. I'm not so much replying to it as moving from it to a different train of thought but his post is the jumping off point.<span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span><br /><br />It is my personal opinion that the Tueller drill's valuable information is used to jump to the wrong conclusions. The Tueller drill means 1) A person who has their weapon, including bare hands, ready will almost always beat a person who does not have their chosen weapon ready. Instead of being a knife it could be a brick or an open hand slap to the face. Folks often confuse this to say knives are superior to guns. Knife vs gun is a complicated conversation but the Tueller drill really isn't involved. 2) A handgun is not a magical talisman that will keep you out of a physical confrontation!!! I say again a handgun is not a magican talisman that will keep you out of a physical confrontation. You are almost surely not going to be able to use super awareness to detect a threat from 40 feet away then be able to (justifiably) draw a handgun then deescalate the situation or engage using lethal force.<br /><br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span><br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span>This is yet another reason that Appendix carry is a really good option. The draw is wickedly fast which is good. Also more importantly you can easily control/ protect the pistol with the non dominant hand. In a serious fight I am inclined to protect the weapon with one hand and fight, probably employing a knife, with the other hand. Fighting with one hand is a less than ideal situation but at least this way it's my good hand. Conversely carrying strong side hip that is not an option.<br /><br />Some folks have a hard time with the idea of carrying a loaded pistol pointed at their genitals. It doesn't worry me too much because I safely handle the weapon and honestly strong side hip in a reasonable concealment holster has it pointed at my thigh which is also important. I guess it's something you can either get comfortable with to have the advantages of appendix carry or not.<br /><br />When it comes to fighting and the use of handguns at point blank range I am not a huge fan of the use of handguns. If you have a weapon out then just shoot the heck out of the threat. If the weapon is in the holster I am personally inclined to keep it into the holster, especially if it's concealed. I would take a handgun out after creating sufficient space to do so. Ways to create that space using a variety of H2H techniques exist but are beyond the scope of this post. Along these lines SouthNarc's ECQC is high on my training wish list.<br /><br />Anyway those are my thoughts on that. <br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span></div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br> 2013 2013 2013 <br><div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on">John Mosby's post <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><b><a href="http://mountainguerrilla.wordpress.com/2013/08/28/underground-tradecraft-tactical-application-of-the-defensive-sidearm-part-three/">Underground Tradecraft: Tactical Application of the Defensive Sidearm, Part III </a></b></span><br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><b><br /></b></span>is pretty much required reading to understand this post. I'm not so much replying to it as moving from it to a different train of thought but his post is the jumping off point.<span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span><br /><br />It is my personal opinion that the Tueller drill's valuable information is used to jump to the wrong conclusions. The Tueller drill means 1) A person who has their weapon, including bare hands, ready will almost always beat a person who does not have their chosen weapon ready. Instead of being a knife it could be a brick or an open hand slap to the face. Folks often confuse this to say knives are superior to guns. Knife vs gun is a complicated conversation but the Tueller drill really isn't involved. 2) A handgun is not a magical talisman that will keep you out of a physical confrontation!!! I say again a handgun is not a magican talisman that will keep you out of a physical confrontation. You are almost surely not going to be able to use super awareness to detect a threat from 40 feet away then be able to (justifiably) draw a handgun then deescalate the situation or engage using lethal force.<br /><br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span><br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span>This is yet another reason that Appendix carry is a really good option. The draw is wickedly fast which is good. Also more importantly you can easily control/ protect the pistol with the non dominant hand. In a serious fight I am inclined to protect the weapon with one hand and fight, probably employing a knife, with the other hand. Fighting with one hand is a less than ideal situation but at least this way it's my good hand. Conversely carrying strong side hip that is not an option.<br /><br />Some folks have a hard time with the idea of carrying a loaded pistol pointed at their genitals. It doesn't worry me too much because I safely handle the weapon and honestly strong side hip in a reasonable concealment holster has it pointed at my thigh which is also important. I guess it's something you can either get comfortable with to have the advantages of appendix carry or not.<br /><br />When it comes to fighting and the use of handguns at point blank range I am not a huge fan of the use of handguns. If you have a weapon out then just shoot the heck out of the threat. If the weapon is in the holster I am personally inclined to keep it into the holster, especially if it's concealed. I would take a handgun out after creating sufficient space to do so. Ways to create that space using a variety of H2H techniques exist but are beyond the scope of this post. Along these lines SouthNarc's ECQC is high on my training wish list.<br /><br />Anyway those are my thoughts on that. <br /><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><br /></span></div><div class="blogger-post-footer"><script type="text/javascript"><!--<br>google_ad_client = "pub-4867339654300878";<br>/* 728x90, created 8/28/08 */<br>google_ad_slot = "3354001287";<br>google_ad_width = 728;<br>google_ad_height = 90;<br>//--><br></script><br><script type="text/javascript"<br>src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"><br></script></div><br>2013 2013 2013 <br> <a href="http://www.matrixar.com/" title="Matrix ">المصفوفة : أجمل الخلفيات والصور</a>

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://prowebsites1.forumaroc.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top